I have been inconsistent for a few months now. That’s because I’ve been waiting on God. There were some pretty big crises in my life and I had to take some time to weed through things. One thing I’ve been doing is getting my priorities straight. It’s only now that I’m beginning to feel God’s release to come back to blogging! I will still be in and out for a time, but please stick with me!
I wanted to share with you some of the things God has been teaching me. I’m speaking to a local MOPS group this week, and I’ll be referring them here to connect with the resources they may want from our talk.
- The very first thing I did as part of my lifestyle makeover is institute a die-hard prayer time. I actually cemented this in to the daily schedule back in August. 5:00. AM. I hate getting up in the morning. But for right now that’s when it works. I am in a Good Morning Girls Facebook group and it has been a great help for accountability.
A couple of books that I have devoured during this time:
Streams in the Desert (a daily devotional from the early 1900′s)
- The next thing I did was begin putting together a homemaking binder. I know. Everybody’s doing it. And there’s a reason
* In the past I have used the planner from Motivated Moms. for my daily schedule. I love the planner, she has daily and weekly chores listed with sweet little boxes next to them so you can track your progress through the day. I needed a little bit of a different system for now, but definitely still recommend her planner.!
- Money Saving Mom may not know it, but she was one of my best friends through my binder planning. She has a free ebook at her site, Time Management 101 that has all kinds of handouts for this, and she walks you through it. Here are the downloads that I use for my binder:
- Goal Planning Forms (here’s a post to help you determine your priorities)
- Weekly Goal Planning Sheet (this will help you break your goals into bite-size chunks, my favorite step!)
- Household Management Forms(everything you’ll need from chore to menu planning)
- Daily Docket (your “to-do” list for the day) or you can print up a half page daily docket for a smaller binder.
- One of my favorite bloggers, Amy Bayliss, has a great series on home management notebooks with even more schedules and printables.
- I also bought a copy of FishMama’s Organizing Life as MOM. She has printables and planning pages I used too.
- At the front of my binder I added a pencil pouch with notecards, my favorite pen and pencil, and re-leading supplies.
- Then, to top it all off, I went on a natural-cleaner-making spree and am pleased as punch about the wonderful smells and cleanliness around my house. Amy Bayliss started this little foray with her 17 Days of Natural Cleaning Series. (If you have boys and suffer from stinky bathroom sydrome, be sure to check out this post on Boy Bathroom Cleaner).
Now that I’m getting all my ducks in a row, I am able to begin planning and writing for the next stages of my online career. Thank you all for your patience!!
*some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for further information!